Tuesday, November 18, 2008

have it your way

For my taste the pictures from the SX10 are too soft and lack a bit the color vibrance in some pictures. But since I live where the sun does shine on a mostly clear sky for 11 months my light is different from where you might do you major shooting.

There is the thing with the my colors.
Never used it on the S2, in fact I never used the S2 much. I had one of the first ones to come out but my trusty Canon A60 with 2 mp was mostly in my pocket. And that is the thing with the cameras. When I had my SLR with all the lenses and tripod and flash and filters and the pneumatic remote control etc. I only took her out for photo shooting.



The A60 I had often in my pocket and could do much snapshots. Here a few from Benidorm, Spain.




on the floor outside of a store




The S2 was used for tele and video shots and when I went out for photo shootings. The small screen was always something what held me back using her.

My A60 was replaced in 2007 with another Ricoh camera, because she was pocket size had 7x zoom and a nice 2.7" screen what could be used above the head or below the waist and was still viewable in bright sunlight and not to forget the 28mm wide angle. I tested the Ricoh R6 in depth and she is still my main camera. More info see my Picasa Web Album.

Now lets go back to the topic, the S2 already had my colors and you could adjust sharpness, contrast and saturation also red, green, blue and skin tone. So now the SX10 is set to sharpness +2 and saturation +1, lets see if you can spot a difference.



these two you can enlarge to compare




Yes, I know they are twisted but please concentrate on the difference, not on the picture it self.

No comments: